Sumary of COVID-19 cases not being placed under home quarantine in Davao City – Mayor Sara:
- DAVAO CITY – Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte maintained that there was no truth to reports that confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the city were being allowed to go on home quarantine..
- Mayor Sara Duterte (Facebook / MANILA BULLETIN) Duterte was taking exception to a statement made by National Task Force COVID-19 Chief Implementer Sec..
- Carlito Galvez and Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año that the spike in COVID-19 cases in the city could be blamed on the city government policy of putting infected patients and their close contacts under home quarantine..
- Duterte also blasted the Department of Health (DOH) in Davao Region for not speaking out to correct the “misinformation”.
- “May I just clarify that home quarantine was never the direction and policy of the city government of Davao with regard to COVID-19 positive cases..
- Health Undersecretary Abdullah Dumama and DOH-Davao director Annabelle Yumang were present during the CODE Team meeting last Wednesday when Galvez and Ano gave their observation on why the spread of COVID-19 was going unabated in the city..
- Duterte clarified that the city government immediately puts positive cases in isolation facilities, which was in accordance with DOH guidelines on how to handle close contacts or the infected patient….