Sumary of COVID-19: City of London tightens vaccine policy for municipal staff:
- The City of London is strengthening its COVID-19 vaccination policy for municipal employees in the wake of the province’s decision to mandate the shot in higher-risk indoor settings.
- In a memo to councillors, City Manager Lynne Livingstone wrote that the policy had been revised following the province’s announcement last month, and “local guidance provided by the Chief Medical Officer of Health strongly encouraging workplaces to implement mandatory workplace COVID-19 vaccination policies with similar requirements.
- ” COVID-19: London committee backs vaccine policy for city staff, requests one for councillors The policy applies to almost everyone under the city’s employ, either directly or indirectly as staff of contractors, or as consultants.
- 29, proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or a written attestation of a medical or Ontario Human Rights Code reason for not being immunized.
- 1.Regardless of their vaccination status, workers will be required to complete daily active screening for symptoms, and be tested if they fail the screening in order to perform work in city facilities and buildings.
- COVID-19: Western University update shows 98% of students, 97% of faculty are vaccinated Story continues below “Implementation of this policy will be in accordance with applicable Council and/or Corporation by-laws, policies and procedures, legislation, and collective agreement provisions,” the policy document reads.