Sumary of COVID-19 Delta Variant: Everything You Need To Know About The ‘Variant Of Concern’:
- It has about a 40 per cent higher transmission rate compared with Alpha, which already had a 50 per cent higher transmissibility than the original strain of the virus..
- It is believed to cause more severe disease than the Alpha variant, causing a further rise in the percentage of positive cases that require hospitalisation, despite the fact that the infections are in younger people..
- Added to that is the multiple cases of blood clot formation in the chest of the severe COVID patients without any past history of coagulation-related problems..
- There are also reports that doctors have identified clots in the blood vessels linked to the intestines, resulting in severe stomach pain ..
- it was conducted by Coronavirus Vaccine-induced Antibody Titre and involved healthcare workers who have received both doses of either Covaxin or Covishield ….