Sumary of COVID-19 has cost the world’s women $800 billion in lost income:
- The COVID-19 crisis cost women around the world $800 billion in lost income in 2020, Oxfam said, as it demanded steps to tackle gender inequality..
- to recent gains for women in the workforce, said Oxfam Executive Director Gabriela Bucher, in a written statement..
- The $800 billion figure, based on International Labor Organisation data, likely underestimates the total cost shouldered by women since it does not include wages lost by millions of women in informal jobs..
- states are getting $39 billion from the federal government to support child care, part of a $1.9 trillion relief package that President Joe Biden signed in March..
- To turn these insights into concrete action and national progress, we have developed the Closing the Gender Gap Accelerators model for public private collaboration….