Sumary of COVID-19: Latest developments in the Greater Toronto Area on April 6:
- Peel Region schools closed for 2 weeks due to COVID-19 The medical officer of health for Peel Region invoked powers under Ontario law to order all local schools closed for in-person instruction due to COVID-19..
- Peel Region medical officer of health ordering schools to close for 2 weeks due to COVID-19 Ontario reports more than 3,000 COVID-19 cases, 8 deaths Resolved cases increased by 1,976 from the previous day..
- on Monday, the provincial government reported administering 2,621,839 total COVID-19 vaccine doses, representing an increase of 76,199 in the last day..
- Status of cases in the GTA 955 were in Toronto 561 were in Peel Region 320 were in York Region 101 were in Durham Region 119 were in Halton Region Cases, deaths and outbreaks in Ontario long-term care homes According to the Ministry of Long-Term Care, there have been 3,755 deaths reported among residents and patients in long-term care homes across Ontario which did not increase from yesterday..
- The ministry also indicated there are currently 8 active cases among long-term care residents and 121 active cases among staff — up by two and up by five, respectively, in the last day…