Sumary of COVID-19: Latest developments in the Greater Toronto Area on May 1:
- 1st ActiveTO road closures of the year in place this weekend Bayview Avenue between Front Street East and Rosedale Valley Road, River Street between Bayview Avenue and Spruce Street, and the eastbound lanes of Lake Shore Boulevard East between Leslie Street and Woodbine Avenue are affected..
- “Residents intending to use ActiveTO routes should do so only with members of their own household and access them by bike or as a pedestrian because nearby parking is limited and there is no onsite parking available,”.
- Until tomorrow at 9PM, residents can enjoy partially closed off streets on Bayview Avenue and Lake Shore Boulevard East..
- More than 1 million people in Toronto have now received at least 1 vaccine dose Forty per cent of eligible Torontonians have now received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose, officials said Saturday..
- More than 1,016,400 people in the city have received a shot, with around 20 per cent being administered at city-run clinics and 80 per cent at more than 300 vaccination partners, officials said..
- New texting tool helps Ontarians find nearby COVID-19 vaccination sites After seeing a tweet showcasing a new tool in the United States that allows residents to find nearby COVID-19 vaccination sites with just one text, Zain Manji thought Ontario should have something similar..
- Manji and his friend Ashish quickly got to work and after purchasing a phone number and completing some coding, in about two or three hours a texting line was live..
- Ontario reports more than 3,300 new cases, 29 deaths Ontario reported 3,369 COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the total number of cases in the province to 466,733..
- Provincial figures showed there are currently 2,152 people hospitalized with the virus (down by 49), with 900 in intensive care due to COVID-19 (up by 17 and marking a pandemic high), 637 of whom are on a ventilator (up by five)…