Sumary of COVID-19: More calls for additional health measures in Alberta’s continuing care homes:
- As Alberta reports a rise in the number of COVID-19 outbreaks at continuing care facilities and assisted living homes, there are increasing calls for additional health measures to be implemented..
- The cases were reported on the third and second floors, according to Alberta Health Services, which owns Carewest..
- Alberta breaks daily record for COVID-19 cases Friday, sees 11 new deaths “If they are in a shared room with a roommate, the roommate is also put on isolation,”.
- Concerns raised over eased restrictions at Alberta continuing care, seniors facilities AHS said both staff and residents are tested regularly for COVID-19, adding both are screened regularly and are required to have their temperature checked..
- Alberta Health said the province has two orders in place that apply to those living in continuing care facilities, and those measures are designed to minimize the risk of infection, including when new people move into a site..
- 2:10 COVID-19 and senior care in Alberta COVID-19 and senior care in Alberta – Nov 13, 2020 According to the order, a resident should be moved to a private space in the building where possible, but depending on the facility layout or circumstances, that possibility isn’t always the case…