Sumary of COVID-19: More Moderna vaccines allow Quebec to speed up second dose appointments:
- More Moderna vaccines will allow Quebec to accelerate its timeline for second doses, Health Minister Christian Dubé said, after Ottawa on Wednesday announced it expected to receive seven million doses of that vaccine this month..
- On Wednesday morning, the Health Department said Quebec was expecting to receive 21,700 doses of Moderna this week..
- According to Quebec public health institute, 66.9 per cent of residents — and 76.5 per cent of those over 12 — have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine..
- Meanwhile, Quebec reported 178 new cases of COVID-19 Wednesday, the fourth consecutive day health officials have reported fewer than 200 new infections..
- Officials also reported eight more deaths attributed to the novel coronavirus, including one within the previous 24 hours..
- Legault says all of Quebec will move into yellow zone on Monday The Health Department said hospitalizations dropped by six from the day before, to 257, and the number of intensive care patients remained unchanged at 60…