Sumary of COVID-19: N.S. announces 1 death, lowest number of new cases since April:
- Nova Scotia reported eight new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, as well as the death of a man in his 50s in the central health zone..
- First cases of Delta variant Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia chief medical officer of health, said the National Microbiology Lab has confirmed two cases of the Delta variant, first identified in India, for the first time in Nova Scotia..
- While those cases are now resolved and no spread has been found, he pointed to the fact that it spreading in other parts of Canada and said this is a key reason to remain cautious..
- “It even more concerning because single doses (of the vaccine) aren’t very effective against this latest variant strain,”.
- 2:01 Delta variant spreading through Canada raises reopening concerns Delta variant spreading through Canada raises reopening concerns “As I’ve said before, along with getting vaccinated, the main way to get out of the third wave as quickly as possible is regular testing,”.
- Phase 2 of reopening plan As of Thursday, 63.5 per cent of Nova Scotians have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine..
- Nova Scotia is expected to enter Phase 2 of its reopening plan on June 16, as long as case numbers continue to decline and hospitalizations remain low, Premier Rankin said Friday…