Sumary of COVID-19 outbreaks among unvaccinated NFL players could lead to forfeited games:
- NFL teams have been warned they could forfeit a game due to a COVID-19 outbreak among non-vaccinated players, and players on both teams wouldn’t get paid that week.
- NFL vows to stop assuming Black players have lower cognitive function in brain injury claims However, forfeits are among the consequences.
- Story continues below “If a game can’t be rescheduled and is canceled due to a COVID outbreak among non-vaccinated players on one of the competing teams, the team with the outbreak will forfeit and will be deemed to have played 16 games for purposes of draft, waiver priority, etc,” Goodell says in the memo.
- The league says more than half its teams have COVID-19 vaccination rates greater than 80% of their players, and more than 75% of players are in the process of being vaccinated.
- Las Vegas Raiders’ Carl Nassib comes out as NFL’s first openly gay active player Among the other key points in the memo:_ If a vaccinated person tests positive and is asymptomatic, he or she will be isolated and contact tracing will promptly occur.