Sumary of ‘Covid-19 ratio is somewhat low in PH’:
- “Today [Friday] the DoH (Department of Health) reported 17,964 new Covid-19 cases bringing the total number of active cases to 175,470. The positivity rate is at 28 percent.
- Active cases are at 185,706, while total recoveries are at 1.985 million, including 16,013 recoveries, while deaths are at 34,978, including 79 new fatalitiesPalace spokesman Harry Roque Jr.
- Meanwhile, Duterte asked the public for understanding and patience after the postponement of the implementation of the granular lockdowns system in Metro Manila.
- Solante issued the statement after World Health Organization (WHO) Director General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the administration of booster doses should be backed by strong evidence and must be targeted to population groups in “greatest need.
- “”How can we get that evidence, if all health care workers got sick or could die?
- we do not need some evidence that health workers may get sick or die before we can give them the booster shots,” Solante said during the Laging Handa briefing.
- The DoH on Friday said there was no consensus yet on the VEP’s recommendation on booster shots, as it needs to be deliberated first by members of the All-Experts Group before it can be forwarded to the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).
- Qualified to receive booster doses include health care workers directly caring for Covid-19 patients, the elderly aged 75 and above, and immunocompromised individuals such as those with cancer.