Sumary of COVID-19 re-infection unlikely for at least 6 months, study finds:
- People who’ve had COVID-19 are highly unlikely to contract it again for at least six months after their first infection, according to a British study of healthcare workers on the frontline of fight against the coronavirus pandemic..
- “This is really good news, because we can be confident that, at least in the short term, most people who get COVID-19 won’t get it again,”.
- Isolated cases of re-infection with COVID-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, had raised concerns that immunity might be short-lived and that recovered patients may swiftly fall sick again..
- But the results of this study, carried out in a cohort of UK healthcare workers — who are among those at highest risk of contracting COVID-19 — suggest cases of re-infection are likely to remain extremely rare..
- “Being infected with COVID-19 does offer protection against re-infection for most people for at least six months,”…