Sumary of COVID-19: Vaccine eligibility expands in London-Middlesex, Elgin-Oxford to those 65+:
- Additional age groups are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in the London area, local health officials have announced..
- As of Tuesday, people aged 65 and older, and those who are turning 65 this year, are now able to book an appointment to receive a vaccine at a mass vaccination clinic in London-Middlesex and Elgin-Oxford..
- Here what experts are saying In a statement, the Middlesex-London Health Unit and Southwestern Public Health said the move came as a result of several factors, including strong vaccine uptake, increased supply of doses and recent news that the province pharmacy vaccine project would expand locally..
- In a tweet Tuesday morning, Dr. Chris Mackie, the region medical officer of health, said vaccine eligibility would move to those 60-64 “as soon as we can, likely within a week.”.
- Vaccine appointments for people aged 65-69 in #ldnont and Middlesex are now open at https://t.co/fUvxUICVvD — will move to 60+ as soon as we can, likely within a week…