Sumary of COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates Are Working, Public Health Experts Say While COVID-19 vaccine mandates have sparked lawsuits and protests, the data shows that they’re working and increasing vaccination rates.:
- [MUSIC PLAYING] SPEAKER: How does a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine work?
- Some of the COVID-19 vaccines are mRNA vaccines, but what does this mean?
- mRNA vaccines don’t expose you to any real virus instead, they’re made with messenger Ribonucleic Acid or mRNA.
- This is a type of molecule that gives instructions to the cell for how to make different kinds of proteins.
- Researchers have been working with mRNA vaccines for many years.
- They are made more easily and safely in a lab than a vaccine that uses a virus.
- The COVID-19 mRNA vaccines have passed many tests in labs and in thousands of people, and meet strict standards from the FDA.
- First, a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine is injected into a muscle in your upper arm.