Sumary of COVID-19: What you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic on 20 November:
- This daily round-up brings you a selection of the latest news and updates on the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, as well as tips and tools to help you stay informed and protected..
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 have now passed 56.9 million globally, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center..
- California and Ohio have both ordered nightly curfews in an attempt to slow a coronavirus surge, both running from 10pm to 5 am..
- The World Health Organization panel has said that remdesivir is not recommended for patients hospitalized with COVID-19, regardless of how ill they are..
- The EU must lift coronavirus restrictions slowly and gradually to avoid another wave, Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission said yesterday..
- The G20 must help close a funding gap to buy vaccines, drugs and tests to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, a letter from South Africa president, Norway prime minister and the heads of the World Health Organization and European Commission have said..
- Hospitalizations and cases in France have fallen again, but Health Minister Olivier Véran warned that the “the lockdown is not over.”.
- To help all stakeholders – communities, governments, businesses and individuals understand the emerging risks and follow-on effects generated by the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, the World Economic Forum, in collaboration with Marsh and McLennan and Zurich Insurance Group, has launched its COVID-19 Risks Outlook:…