Sumary of COVID-19: Winnipeg vaccine clinic taking 1st-shot walk-ins, 2nd-dose eligibility expanded:
- Anyone who hasn’t received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine can get a shot without first making an appointment at a Winnipeg clinic next week..
- The province says walk-in appointments will be accepted at the Leila super site Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday..
- The province also announced Friday eligibility for second-dose appointments has been expanded to include anyone who received their first shot on or before May 6..
- 2:24 Manitoba reopening plan Manitoba reopening plan Earlier this week the province announced a pair of lotteries offering $100,000 prizes and $25,000 scholarships in an effort to persuade more people to get a shot..
- Manitoba Human Rights Commission ‘monitoring’ province COVID-19 vaccination card, incentives On Tuesday, the province also unveiled a new proof-of-immunization card, available to all Manitobans two weeks after they receive their second dose of vaccine..
- Vaccination appointments can be made by calling 1-844-626-8222 (1-844-MAN-VACC) or visiting the province website..
- People most at risk of this include older adults and people with severe chronic medical conditions like heart, lung or kidney disease….