Sumary of Covid hearing loss symptom: Can coronavirus cause hearing loss or tinnitus?:
- A considerable 15 percent of Brits have complained about hearing loss and symptoms linked to their ears while infected with coronavirus, but can coronavirus really cause hearing loss or tinnitus?.
- Researchers at The University of Manchester and Manchester Biomedical Research Center have suggested that hearing loss could be a symptom of coronavirus..
- Paul Jackson, head of audiology services with Bayfields Opticians and Audiologists, has revealed what warning signs people should look out for and what steps to take if they’re worried about their ear health or hearing with regards to coronavirus..
- “Though having problems with your hearing has been discounted as a symptom of COVID-19, new research suggests it could be a long-lasting after-effect for those who’ve suffered from the virus..
- “Scientists estimate that eight out of every 100 people who’ve been infected with Coronavirus will experience hearing loss, while 14 in every 100 will suffer from tinnitus.”.
- If hearing loss is recognised as a symptom of coronavirus, this could result in more people being tested and preventing the spread of the virus..
- research will continue to explore why COVID-19 is causing poor ear health, and whether the effects are temporary or permanent..
- “In the meantime, anyone worried about the impact coronavirus might’ve had on their hearing should book a test with an audiologist…