Sumary of Covid jabs for 12- to 15-year-olds ‘set to start in weeks’ across UK:
- Sources indicated that the government may be moving against the idea of vaccine passports, despite culture secretary Oliver Dowden last week indicating strongly it was pressing ahead.
- Jonathan Ashworth, the shadow health secretary, said: “With hospital admissions climbing and high levels of virus in circulation, we need to go further on vaccination.
- In Sunday’s Observer, Gabriel Scally, visiting professor of public health at Bristol University and a member of the independent Sage group of scientists, criticised the government for “inadequate” public messaging and not introducing anti-Covid measures such as better ventilation and higher quality face masks.
- Buildings need to be modified to improve ventilation, he says, and the public should be encouraged to wear properly designed masks that may protect them as well as others.
- ’ Photograph: UK Parliament/Jessica Taylor/PA“All too often, messaging has been aimed at transferring responsibility to individuals.