Sumary of Covid live: UK reports 47,240 new cases; Merkel urges successor to impose more restrictions in Germany:
- The state of emergency will come into effect tomorrow, Christmas markets will be banned and it will be forbidden to drink alcohol in public places, the health minister, Adam Vojtěch, said.
- Prime minister Andrej Babiš said the government is considering mandatory vaccination for some people.
- ” Coronavirus cases are continuing to rise in the UK today, recording 47,240 new cases, and 147 more people died.
- Between 19 November 2021 and 25 November 2021, 303,504 people tested positive – an increase of 9.5% on the previous seven days.
- A total of 932.3 new cases per 100,000 people aged five to nine were recorded in the seven days to 21 November, up from 741.8 the previous week, according to a weekly surveillance report by the Health Security Agency.
- The highest rate is in the south east, with 530.5 cases per 100,000 people, and the lowest is in London, with 318.1 cases per 100,000 people.
- Hospital admissions in England fell to 6.5 per 100,000 people in the week to 21 November from 7.7 the week before.
- A lateral flow test collection point in Chesham, Buckinghamshire yesterday.