Sumary of Covid live: UK reports 8,125 daily cases, most since February, as doctors call for delay to lockdown easing:
- As he prepared to end most restrictions, and said his state lessened the crisis because Kentuckians ultimately put science ahead of politics..
- Kentucky has seen 7,138 Covid-19 related deaths to date, according to the Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering..
- Beshear said the state hospitals were never overrun with virus patients, and the rollout of vaccinations was “pretty successful,”.
- “I’m the guy that has to try to lay my head down every night and sleep knowing that Kentuckians that we’ve lost, the grief that out there, the fact that so many couldn’t say goodbye and be at that bedside,”.
- Only people arriving from countries with worrying levels of coronavirus mutations would be in focus, and they could enter without testing as of 28 June as long as they had been vaccinated or recovered from a coronavirus infection, it said..
- Reuters reports that it was due to make a final decision on 23 June, when it would also rule whether to go ahead with a fifth wave of re-opening measures, including abolishing the requirement to wear masks in public..
- My colleagues Richard Partington and Zoe Wood report that caravan parks in England have recorded a boom in demand as lockdown measures are relaxed, providing an unlikely source of economic growth as overseas travel remains largely off-limits..
- England caravan parks boom as lockdown eases The world demand for oil will rebound to pre-pandemic levels by the end of 2022, as recovering economies require oil-producing countries to pump more fossil fuels, according to the International Energy Agency….