Sumary of DAF beefs up its E-truck line-up with new LF:
- More recently, DAF expanded its EV range with the 6×2 CF Electric rigid with steered rear axle (GVW up to 29 tons design), ideal for ‘zero emission’ waste collection for example..
- The CF Electric trucks have already clocked up several hundreds of thousands of kilometers with high profile customers, building DAF’s experience with electric driveline technology..
- The e-motor of the LF Electric provides 250 kW of nominal power (370 kW peak) and a nominal torque of 1.200 Nm (3.700 Nm peak)..
- This offers the LF Electric a range of no less than 280 ultra-quiet and ‘zero emission’ kilometers more than enough for the needs of urban distribution transport operators..
- This allows the truck to be charged through the regular electricity network and is ideal when the truck returns to the home base at the end of the day..
- As an option, the new DAF LF Electric is available with a 400V e-PTO for powering auxiliary equipment such as an electric cooling installation or an electro-hydraulic crane..
- This eliminates the need of a separate generator and will result in a full ‘zero emission’ distribution truck….