Sumary of Davao City to surpass QC:
- In its June 7 report, Davao City has logged an average of 206 new cases per day from May 31 to June 6, higher than the 134 new cases reported in the previous reporting week, or equivalent to a 54 percent growth rate..
- Despite numerous cases reported in villages in Quezon City due to super-spreader events, the number of average daily new cases in the city decreased to 219 per day, or a -22 percent growth rate..
- The region posted 1,003 new cases daily, a decrease by about 11 percent, while its reproduction number increased to 0.74..
- The group has listed the cities of Tuguegarao, Bacolod, Iloilo, Dumaguete, Cagayan De Oro, Davao, General Santos, Koronadal and Cotabato as areas of concern due to the increasing number of daily cases and hospital bed capacity..
- Dumaguete has posted a 206 percent growth in the number of Covid cases, the highest among all local government units in the country, followed by Koronadal City and Cotabato City..
- Tuguegarao City, on the other hand, has the highest average daily attack rate of 38.39 cases per 100,000 people, while its intensive care beds are now fully occupied..
- Reacting to OCTA’s report, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire agreed NCR only contributes 13 percent of the total number of overall Covid-19 cases in the country, as opposed to 30 to 40 percent during the surge in the past months….