Sumary of Del Monte PH sees better 2022 earnings:
- DEL Monte Philippines Inc. (DMPI) reported a 33-percent better income of P1.3 billion in the first quarter of fiscal year 2022 ending July, driven by higher sales and lower costs.
- In a filing to the exchange by DMPI’s parent company, Del Monte Pacific Ltd. (DMPL), the company’s sales for the period rose by 16 percent to P8.6 billion led by its international market.
- DMPI’s sales in the international market expanded by 37 percent to P3.3 billion amid the robust sales of its packaged fruit and beverages.
- The premium fresh fruit segment also posted a 29-percent growth in sales amid expanded distribution coverage.
- The company’s sales in the Philippines, on the other hand, shed 2 percent to P4.4 billion.