Sumary of Delta COVID-19 variant cases are rising, prompting caution on reopening plans:
- But experts wonder if the more transmissible Delta variant of COVID-19 might jeopardize some of those big reopening plans, as cases appear to be growing across Canada..
- suggests that the Delta variant spreads much more easily than other variants that have appeared in Canada so far..
- epidemiologist, told reporters that estimates of Delta transmission edge over Alpha — also known as B.1.1.7 — had narrowed, and “we think 60 per cent is probably the best estimate.”.
- Concerns over COVID-19 Delta variant, single dose protection as Alberta enters Stage 2 In Canada, Alberta, B.C., Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Ontario have confirmed to Global News that they are testing for cases of the Delta variant..
- COVID-19 Modelling Group, in a report on June 2, wrote, “The new variant of concern B.1.617.2 appears to be increasing in number in many jurisdictions, including BC.”.
- 1:15 Ontario expands 2nd dose COVID-19 vaccine eligibility for 7 Delta hot spots starting June 14 Ontario expands 2nd dose COVID-19 vaccine eligibility for 7 Delta hot spots starting June 14 Ontario is taking the Delta variant seriously when it comes to its vaccination strategy..
- The province announced Thursday that it would accelerate second dose appointments for Delta variant “hotspot”…