Sumary of Despite acceleration of 2nd COVID-19 vaccine doses in Delta hot spots, AstraZenica won’t see shorter interval:
- Ontario is accelerating second shots of COVID-19 vaccines for people in Delta variant hot spots but health authorities said on Thursday they would not shorten the 12-week dosage interval for those who initially received an Oxford-AstraZeneca jab..
- Starting Monday, residents in seven designated areas who received first inoculations on or before May 9 can now book an appointment for an earlier second shot..
- “To further stop the spread of COVID-19 and support Delta hot spots, we are further expanding booking eligibility for an accelerated dose in select regions across the province,”.
- Scientific evidence shows people with one vaccine dose are less protected against the highly infectious Delta variant..
- Experts, including the scientific director of the province COVID-19 Science Advisory Table, have said Ontario should focus second dose efforts where the Delta variant has taken off..
- Delta COVID-19 variant could dominate in Ontario and vaccinating high-risk areas key to avoid 4th wave, modelling data shows Thursday move was the province latest expansion of access to second doses….