Sumary of Developing New Technology for the Encapsulation of mRNA-Based Vaccines in Lipid Nanoparticles (LNPs):
- One key development has stemmed from the need for largescale production of mRNA-based vaccines encapsulated in lipid nanoparticles (LNPs), enabling fragile mRNA-based vaccines to better integrate into patients’ cells.
- KNAUER has been at the forefront of this vital development in the fight against COVID-19, with the company’s Impingement Jets Mixing technology providing a platform for the high flow production of lipid nanoparticles.
- We recently spoke to Dr. Paul Pietsch from KNAUER about the company’s background, its range of specialisms and its pioneering work to facilitate the largescale production of LNPs while meeting the stringent regulations and exacting demands of the biopharmaceutical industry.
- KNAUER has been producing high-quality scientific instruments since 1962. We are an experienced partner in the delivery of equipment for use in the pharmaceutical industry, such as liquid chromatography systems and technology for lipid nanoparticle production and encapsulation.
- We are proud to have many experts in our team, enabling us to develop innovative and individual solutions designed around each of our customers’ unique challenges.
- All of these years of experience mean that we are well versed in providing custom system solutions to our partners.
- Our medium company size means that we can respond flexibly to the needs of our customers – like we did during the coronavirus pandemic with our lipid nanoparticle technology – whilst still having the manpower to deliver solutions at speed.
- Our on-site production allows us to quickly adapt our existing systems to our customers’ needs using our own CNC production, equipment assembly line and software development team.