Sumary of Do I need to get tested for COVID-19 if I’m vaccinated?:
- The latest guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says you don’t need to be tested or to quarantine if you’re fully vaccinated, even if you’ve been exposed to someone who was sick..
- The updated guidance reflects recent studies showing vaccinated people face very little risk of serious disease..
- As a result, the CDC says vaccinated people can also be excluded from routine workplace screening, though many companies aren’t tracking employees’ vaccination status..
- Screening is still recommended for people working or living in homeless shelters or prisons, due to the higher risk of outbreaks..
- US citizens returning from abroad also still have to present a negative COVID-19 test before boarding their flights home, regardless of their vaccination status..
- As vaccinations increase, many experts expect the CDC to further relax testing guidelines, even for vaccinated people with symptoms….