Sumary of Doctor on what happens after Freedom Day:
- This week Dr Zac explains what will happen after “freedom day”.
- I fear many people will treat Freedom day as a liberation from Covid-19, and not lockdown restrictions.
- I predict many people will forego social distancing, hygiene and ignore all further health advice.
- People need to remember that a high-vaccination target is to protect those who can’t take the vaccine for a number of reasons such as undertaking chemotherapy, allergies or an underlying health condition.
- The main goal of a high vaccine rate is to slow down the rate of serious illness and death and prevent ongoing complications.
- Both the Pfizer and the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccines require the full two-dose course for the best immune response.
- While partial protection against Covid-19 may be as soon as 12 days after the first dose, this protection is likely to be short-lived.
- The second dose encourages the body to create stronger protection (immunity) against the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes Covid-19. Because of this, you can still become ill until your second dose takes hold, and you can infect others around you.