Sumary of DOH: 382 virus deaths due to glitch:
- The death toll from COVID-19 infections hit a record daily high of 382 fatalities on Tuesday, which the Department of Health said was the result of a “technical issue.”.
- “A technical issue with the case collection systems resulted in lower reporting of COVID-19 death counts over the past week,”.
- 2021-0161 detailing guidelines on the use and administration of saliva-based Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) testing..
- Under the memorandum, only licensed COVID-19 laboratories certified by the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) can perform saliva-based RT-PCR..
- Furthermore, point-of-care clinics, specimen collecting facilities, and disease reporting units can perform saliva specimen collection, provided that the specimen collectors have undergone training from the referral licensed COVID-19 laboratory certified to perform saliva testing Additionally, said laboratories or facilities may only use test kits which have passed the performance validation conducted by the RITM or other RITM-recognized laboratories, and have a special certification from the Food and Drug Administration…