Sumary of Don’t skip second COVID-19 vaccine dose, warn experts:
- If you have received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, make sure you get the second, experts are stressing, even if you are concerned about the possible side effects following the second dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna coronavirus vaccine, both of which require two doses..
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation top infectious disease expert and the director of the National Insitute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID), recently said..
- Speaking to a local news station, Dr. Paul Offit, the director of the vaccine education center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, urged patients to receive the second dose, adding that vaccines “are the only way out of this pandemic.”.
- “Although it’s true the second dose can cause fatigue and fever and headache and muscle ache, it is a small price to pay to be protected against this disease for a more durable or longer length period of time,”.
- The news comes as public health experts have warned of a fourth coronavirus surge even amid the country vaccination effort..
- Last week, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky during a White House briefing warned of “impending doom”.
- could soon bear witness to a fourth surge — even as the country has averaged some 2.7 million daily vaccinations over the past week alone..
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for instance, also said last week that the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine could provide a “pretty big backstop”…