Sumary of Dozens of schools in English Covid hotspots reintroduce mask rules:
- Dozens of secondary schools in England have reintroduced mask requirements in the classroom, despite government guidance dropping the rule in May..
- According to a Public Health England report released on Friday, about one in 250 schools – 97 primary and secondaries – have had outbreaks with at least one variant case linked to them in the last four weeks..
- Louise Jackson, Bedford council health lead, said all secondary schools in the borough had been advised to reinstate mask-wearing following outbreaks linked to the variant..
- Another letter seen by the Guardian, from a school in Wilmington, Kent, said masks were being reintroduced for all staff and students following an increase in cases in the Dartford area..
- The shadow health secretary, Jonathan Ashworth, raised the issue in the Commons on Monday in response to a statement from the health secretary, Matt Hancock….