Sumary of Duterte extends PH state of calamity for one more year:
- PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has extended the state of calamity in the Philippines for one more year amid rising cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in the country.
- “In his proclamation, Duterte noted that even with “significant strides” in the government’s pandemic response, “the number of Covid-19 positive cases and deaths continue to rise despite efforts and interventions to contain the same.
- ” The extension of the state of calamity was recommended by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).
- “This extension, will, among others, effectively afford the national government as well as local government units (LGUs) ample latitude to continue implement the Covid-19 vaccination program;
- utilize appropriate funds, including the Quick Response Fund, in their disaster preparedness and response efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19;