Sumary of Early virus lockdown call may save SA:
- An early lockdown call may yet spare South Australia from an extended period of high coronavirus restrictions even as the state’s cluster of cases continues to grow.
- “This is a tough challenge but the way that we do it in South Australia is by working together.
- “There’s no doubt lockdowns put a heavy toll on our economy, but we’ve got to weigh up the consequences if we just let this run.
- Chief Public Health Office Nicola Spurrier said the two new cases had isolated from Monday night but their movements would result in more exposure sites being identified.
- Professor Spurrier said she was no more or no less optimistic about containing the current cluster with SA just two days into its lockdown.
- “I’m also comforted by the fact that South Australians generally do the right thing.