Sumary of Editorial: Keep moving, but remain cautious:
- Was devised to guide proper behavior in the coronavirus pandemic, the only defense against COVID-19 was one of avoidance..
- 28, the Honolulu Police Department shut down its enforcement hotline that had run since the increase in cases last August..
- And the work of a COVID enforcement team of 160 officers was sidelined in November because of excesses in overtime..
- Senate Bill 1117 would advance that goal through the convening of a task force that could enlist retired police officers..
- Ige also noted that a bill is still alive to make COVID enforcement more effective by enabling citations rather than the arrest and court proceedings the state emergency order now authorizes…