Sumary of Eidul Azha economy thrives amidst pandemic precautions:
- As soon as the festival nears, temporary markets to sell sacrificial animals pop up across Karachi and the rest of the country.
- Apart from this, other markets are also established to support the animal market which provides fodder for the animals as well as accessories for the animals.
- Eidul Azha has helped other sections of the struggling market like transporters who shuttle animals from the market to homes;
- Cooks and catering services also get business as people organise parties and gatherings.
- ” Despite a surge in Covid-19 cases people are ready to celebrate the festival with traditional enthusiasm Some compare the situation in Karachi to other Muslim countries.
- Everyone sacrificed animals on Eid but you never saw animals all over the place.
- “I set up a stall this year with food for the sacrificial animals, accessories, and other things.
- The food goes faster than the other items as this is needed daily.