Sumary of EMA official links the AstraZeneca vaccine to thrombosis:
- A top official at the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said in an interview published on Tuesday that there is a link between the AstraZeneca vaccine against Covid-19 and blood clots..
- But we still do not know what causes this reaction,’ EMA head of vaccines Marco Cavaleri told Italy Il Messaggero newspaper..
- On 18 March, the EMA had published conclusions stating that there is ‘clear scientific’ evidence the vaccine is ‘safe and effective’ and that its benefits outweigh its risks..
- ‘clear scientific’ evidence that AstraZeneca vaccine safe Spain started to administer the AstraZeneca vaccine again from Wednesday 24 March, following the EMA conclusions, after having paused the use of the vaccine during several days..
- (Govern.cat) On-going questions regarding rare but serious blood clots among a small number of individuals who have received the AstraZeneca jab have undermined confidence in the vaccine..
- Along with Spain, several other countries suspended the use of the jab, or restricted its use to specific age groups, until the the EMA declared that its benefits outweigh the risks and it should remain in use..
- ‘We are trying to get a precise picture of what is happening, to define in detail this syndrome due to the vaccine,’ Cavaleri said…