Sumary of EU Digital COVID Certificate Regulation enters into application:
- © iStock-ronstik The EU Digital COVID Certificate Regulation has now entered into application, meaning that EU citizens and residents will be able to have their Digital COVID Certificates issued and verified across the EU..
- 21 Member States, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein have already begun issuing certificates ahead of the deadline, and five EU countries began on 1 July..
- The European Digital COVID Certificate is a symbol of an open and safe Europe that is opening cautiously putting the protection of the health of our citizens first..
- “A vast majority of EU Member States are already connected to the system and ready to issue and verify the Certificates..
- Digital COVID Certificate The certificate aims to facilitate safe and free movement in the EU during the COVID-19 pandemic..
- The EU has emphasised that all Europeans have the right to free movement without the certificate, but that the certificate will facilitate travel, helping to exempt holders from restrictions such as quarantine….