Sumary of Expiration Dates on Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine Extended:
- Food and Drug Administration review concluded the shots remain safe and effective for at least 4 1/2 months, J&J said in a statement..
- The FDA change gives health providers more time to use shots sitting at pharmacies, hospitals and clinics, the Associated Press reported..
- The FDA has been reviewing expiration dates on all three vaccines authorized in this country as companies have continued to test batches in the months since the shots first rolled out..
- As vaccinations have slowed, Biden’s goal of having 70% of adults partially vaccinated by July 4 is in jeopardy..
- The shot was expected to play a key role in vaccination campaigns in rural areas and low-income countries with limited health care, the AP reported..
- The leaders of the G-7, the world’s richest democracies, are expected on Friday to promise they will send 1 billion doses of COVID vaccines to poor and middle-income countries as part of a campaign to “vaccinate the world”.
- President Joe Biden announced on Thursday that the United States plans to purchase 500 million doses of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine that it will then donate to countries in need around the world..
- COVAX, the World Health Organization-backed initiative to share COVID-19 doses across the globe, will distribute the doses to low- and middle-income countries….