Sumary of Fauci Goes Batsh*t After Senator Shows He Backed Funding for Wuhan Animal-to-Human Virus Research:
- US President Joe Biden’s top health official has come unglued after a Republican senator produced evidence he approved funding for ‘gain-of-function’ research in a Chinese virus lab.
- Kentucky Senator Rand Paul flatly accused White House Chief Medical Advisor Dr Anthony Fauci of lying to Congress at a meeting of the Senate Health Committee into the COVID-19 pandemic on Tuesday.
- Fauci had previously insisted that a $600,000 National Institute of Health (NIH) grant he approved for the Wuhan Institute of Virology was not for such research, which often involves altering the genetic code of a naturally-occurring virus in one animal to make it capable of infecting another.
- Fauci reacted angrily, claiming Paul did “not know what [he] was talking about”.
- “I have never lied before the Congress, and I do not retract that statement,” Fauci said, claiming the experiments detailed in the paper were “judged by qualified staff up and down the chain as not being gain of function.
- ” “It’s a dance and you’re dancing around this because you’re trying to obscure responsibility for 4 million people dying around the world from a pandemic,” Paul accused.