Sumary of FDA plans to authorize Pfizer boosters for all adults before week’s end: reports:
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is expected to authorize booster doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for all adults before an influential U.S. advisory panel meets on Friday.
- PFIZER, BIONTECH ASK FDA TO AUTHORIZE COVID-19 BOOSTERS FOR ALL ADULTSThe U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) committee will meet the next day to discuss the matter.
- Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at a pop-up vaccination site in the Staten Island borough of New York, April 8, 2021. New York City officials urged as many people as possible to get COVID-19 booster shots on Monday, Nov.
- (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer, File)The vaccine maker also requested Tuesday that regulators authorize its experimental pill for the disease,Moderna is also expected to submit its own request for the FDA to expand eligibility for its booster soon.
- PFIZER ASKS US REGULATORS TO AUTHORIZE EXPERIMENTAL COVID-19 PILLIn the last week, California, New Mexico, Arkansas, West Virginia and Colorado expanded the shots to all adults.
- Boosters are now recommended for people who initially received their second Pfizer or Moderna shots at least six months ago if they’re 65 or older or are at high risk of COVID-19 because of health problems or their job or living conditions.