Sumary of FilBasket opener moved to Sept 25:
- THE FilBasket’s inaugural tournament, which will be played under a bubble setup at Splendido in Laurel, Batangas, has been pushed back to September 25.League commissioner Jai Reyes confirmed this latest development to The Manila Times on Saturday.
- “We have to push it back to September 25 because of LGU (local government unit)-related issues,” wrote Reyes in a text message.
- FilBasket, which will have 12 teams competing in its maiden tournament, was originally scheduled to open on September 18 but plans were stalled as the league had to deal with certain issues with the government of Batangas.
- Meanwhile, one of the teams competing in the tournament is Burlington-EOG, which will be backstopped by former PBA player Ronnie Matias.
- Matias, a bruising power forward, was part of three PBA championship teams, winning two titles with Rain or Shine and one with San Mig Coffee.