Sumary of First lung transplant from living donors:
- Mari YamaguchiAAP Camera IconThe first transplant of lung tissue from living donors to a lung-damaged patient has been completed..
- AP Share to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the Link Doctors in Japan say they have successfully performed the world’s first transplant of lung tissue from living donors to a patient with severe lung damage from COVID-19..
- The university said it was the world’s first transplant of lung tissue from living donors to a person with COVID-19 lung damage..
- Kyoto University said dozens of transplants of parts of lungs taken from brain-dead donors to patients with COVID-19-related lung damage have been carried out in the United States, Europe and China..
- She was placed on a life support machine that works as an artificial lung for more than three months at another hospital because her lungs were so severely damaged…