Sumary of Five new Covid-19 cases recorded in Queensland, new restrictions announced:
- James Hall and Emily CosenzaNCA NewsWireCamera IconNot Supplied Credit: News Corp AustraliaShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the LinkAnnastacia Palaszczuk has resisted ordering Queensland’s southeast into lockdown despite recording five new local cases of Covid-19 but has warned “the next 24 hours are critical”.
- The warning came after a staff member at Griffith University was revealed as a new case on Friday night.
- Camera IconThere were new locally acquired Covid-19 cases recorded in Queensland on Saturday.
- NCA NewsWire / Dan Peled Credit: News Corp AustraliaThe case is not linked to a known cluster in Queensland but the top doctor said it was the highly infectious Delta strain, likely originating from NSW.
- ”Griffith University Vice-Chancellor Professor Carolyn Evans emailed staff on Friday, informing them a staff member had tested positive.
- Ms Evans advised the positive case attended a meeting in one campus building and visited another on Wednesday.
- Camera IconGriffith University Vice-Chancellor Carolyn Evans advised staff on Friday that colleague had tested positive to the virus on Friday.
- Credit: News Corp AustraliaBoth buildings will remain closed over the weekend for deep cleaning.