Sumary of Four new Covid cases; man dies in South Gippsland flood waters – as it happened:
- Four new cases in Victoria, all from the same family, prompted the state government to mandate masks outside when the Melbourne lockdown ends on Friday..
- One person died after massive flooding hit Victoria Gippsland region, which, combined with wild storms on the outskirts of Melbourne, resulted in the State Emergency Service busiest day in its history..
- But there have been long-standing concerns that emissions from nearby industrial developments are eroding the rock art..
- Emissions have not been independently monitored since 2016, when the CSIRO pulled out following criticisms of its methodology..
- The WA government had committed to a robust, scientifically sound, independent monitoring process as part of a rock art management strategy released in 2019..
- The Murujuga Rock Art Strategy and Monitoring Program will deliver a world-leading scientifically rigorous approach to monitoring, analysis and managing the rock art and the department expects the studies will commence in line with the timeframe of the previous contract..
- Her office said the emissions plan concerned greenhouse gas abatement and “was never intended to address the rock art monitoring program as it is not the appropriate mechanism to do so”..
- The Australian government has also welcomed Germany plan to deploy a frigate to the region in the second half of this year….