Sumary of Four new Vic COVID cases, source unknown:
- Victoria has reported four new COVID-19 cases from the same household, with authorities still investigating where they picked up the virus..
- The Department of Health said the cases were from the same household and “investigations into acquisition source are underway”..
- It comes after Victorian health authorities held an emergency meeting with their Queensland and NSW counterparts over a woman who tested positive and travelled interstate..
- The woman left Melbourne with her husband on June 1, when the city was in lockdown, and tested positive at the end of a road trip through NSW and into Queensland..
- While those travellers have tested negative so far the woman tested positive on Wednesday, putting regional centres in NSW and Queensland on alert..
- Victoria’s health department confirmed an emergency meeting of the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee was held on Wednesday night about the case..
- They then travelled through regional Victoria, crossed the border into NSW where they visited regional centres, and then entered Queensland on June 5 – two days after she started showing symptoms of coronavirus..
- Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said it was possible the woman was infectious from the day she left Melbourne….