France’s ex-health minister charged over handling of coronavirus pandemic

frances ex health minister charged over handling of coronavirus pandemic

Sumary of France’s ex-health minister charged over handling of coronavirus pandemic:

  • Former French health minister Agnes Buzyn was charged Friday over her handling of the COVID-19 pandemic after investigators at a special court in Paris concluded there were grounds to prosecute her.
  • Buzyn has been charged with “endangering the lives of others”, the prosecutor of the Republic’s Court of Justice said, but not for a second possible offence of “failure to stop a disaster”.
  • ”She said she would not “let the action of the government be discredited, or my action as a minister, when we did so much to prepare our country for a global health crisis that is still ongoing.
  • ”The charges are a blow for President Emmanuel Macron, whose handling of the health crisis will face scrutiny during election campaigning next year, but the court is also likely to face allegations of judicial overreach.
  • Buzyn, who resigned from her post in February last year, weeks after the first COVID cases were confirmed in France, has faced criticism and ridicule over her initial statements about the pandemic.
  • Buzyn, a cancer and transplant specialist, later told a parliamentary investigation that she had alerted the president and then prime minister Edouard Philippe to the potential “dangers” of COVID-19 as early as January.

Want to know more click here go to source.

From -

Close

Site Language


By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close