Sumary of Free regular COVID-19 tests for England residents:
- © iStock/Circle Creative Studio The UK government has announced that everyone in England will be able to access free rapid COVID-19 tests twice a week from this Friday, 9 April..
- The initiative, which aims to facilitate the process of reopening businesses and events across the country, will enable anyone in England to take a free lateral flow test for COVID-19 up to twice per week – even if they do not have any symptoms of the virus..
- To date, rapid testing has only been made available to essential workers, schoolchildren and their families, and at-risk demographics..
- “Around one in three people who have COVID-19 show no symptoms, and as we reopen society and resume parts of life we have all dearly missed, regular rapid testing is going to be fundamental in helping us quickly spot positive cases and squash any outbreaks,”.
- Testing at home and work More than 100,000 businesses based in England have already expressed an intention to implement rapid COVID-19 testing for their employees;.
- and free tests are now to be offered to businesses with fewer than 10 employees which are unable to conduct testing onsite..
- and A ‘Pharmacy Collect’ service, whereby people will be able to collect tests in boxes of seven from their local pharmacy for use at home…