Sumary of G7: Boris Johnson calls for lessons of pandemic to be learned and says world must ‘level up’ – as it happened:
- Johnson has told G7 leaders at the start of their summit they should stop inequalities becoming “entrenched”.
- (See 3.09pm and 4.01pm.) Johnson has rejected claims that his plan for the UK to donate 100m doses of vaccine to poorer countries over the next year does not go far enough..
- (See 9.18am) He has said that he wants a total of one billion doses of vaccine to be pledged to developing countries at the G7 summit..
- – French President https://t.co/Xmb0FYhO0W President Biden will attend a reception with the G-7 leaders, the Queen and other members of the Royal Family tonight here in Cornwall..
- Jennifer Jacobs from Bloomberg has a picture of the bicycle that Joe Biden gave Boris Johnson yesterday in the usual exchange of gifts on a transatlantic visit..
- and helmet from Philadelphia-based @bilenkycycles that Biden gave UK Boris Johnson, who was the 1st foreign leader he met with on his 1st overseas trip as president..
- pic.twitter.com/indVyn6JuS Boris Johnson gave Biden a framed photograph of a mural of Frederick Douglass yesterday..
- Global Citizen, a global anti-poverty campaigning group, has also criticised the UK vaccine offer (see 9.18am) as not going far enough….