Sumary of GE health unit buys Swedish start-up Prismatic Sensors, bolstering key medical imaging business:
- GE Healthcare announced Friday it is acquiring Swedish start-up Prismatic Sensors AB, bolstering its key medical imaging business..
- GE Healthcare, a subsidiary of General Electric, said the start-up’s technology offers sharper images with fewer doses of radiation to patients..
- The technology could eventually be used to detect cancers at an earlier stage, GE Healthcare CEO Kieran Murphy said in an interview with CNBC, adding the company has had a stake in the start-up since 2017..
- “From the first x-ray machines to the first photon counting CT prototype, GE Healthcare is committed to pioneering next generation technologies to achieve precision health and improve lives,”.
- GE Healthcare is already a dominant player in hospital and lab equipment and is a growing force in medical records, health-care software and has expanded its mark on gene therapy research..
- In 2019, GE Healthcare got clearance from the Food and Drug Administration for a new artificial intelligence-powered X-ray device that the company said reduced the time to detect a collapsed lung in patients….