Sumary of Gladys Berejiklian hammered on ICAC probe during last daily press conference:
- In a fiery few minutes, the Premier was grilled on whether her decision to end her daily appearances had anything to do with an ongoing ICAC investigation into her former boyfriend Daryl Maguire.
- ICAC will continue its examinations this month into Mr Maguire, with hearings set to focus on a $5.5 million funding grant he obtained for his electorate with the assistance of Ms Berejiklian.
- NCA NewsWire / Gaye Gerard Credit: News Corp AustraliaDespite repeated questions on the subject, including multiple questions on if she would expect a member of cabinet to resign if they were under investigation by the watchdog, Ms Berejiklian remained tight-lipped on the ICAC probe into Mr Maguire.
- ”Last month, ABC’s 7.30 reported Ms Berejiklian intervened in the assessment of a $5.5 million grant to a shooting association in Mr Maguire’s electorate, months after he wrote to her asking for assistance to fund the project.
- ICAC previously heard Mr Maguire secretly attempted to gain from the grant although it is not suggested Ms Berejiklian was aware of his potential benefit.
- Camera IconDaryl Maguire and former girlfriend, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian.
- Credit: SuppliedMs Berejiklian announced on Friday she would conclude her daily Covid-19 press conferences on Sunday, having held them at 11am for most of the pandemic.